Wednesday, April 20, 2011

And Basketball...

As I expected, the 2011 Playoffs are proving to be some of the best we have ever seen. I have yet to miss a game, consequently missing meals and getting dressed, but what can I say? Amazing is happening here, everywhere! Also, did you hear the NBA Cares? I just heard that. Alright, without further adieu, my picks for the 2011 Playoffs Round One...

Western Conference:

#1 Spurs vs. #8 Memphis: So Memphis takes the first game and I know the stats, the team who wins game one of a best-of-seven wins the series 80% of the time. The Spurs really played the game they wanted in game one, besides not having Ginobili and Memphis still won it's first ever playoff game. More bad news for San Antonio? Ginobili is a maybe for game two. It may be time for San Antonio to take a step down. I am going out on a far limb and saying Memphis has the confidence and really nothing to lose. So I am going to say Memphis in 6.

#2 Lakers vs. #7 Hornets: Hornets take the first game, which was an amazing feeling as a Laker hater. However, the Lakers really didn't play the game they wanted. They will continue to have problems with Chris Paul, as anyone will. Expect the refs to show up just in time and lots and lots of Fisher Flops. Also expect the Lakers to win it in 5. If not, expect Andrew Bynum's dead body to be found near Kobe's house, allegedly.

#3 Mavs vs. #6 Blazers: Everyone says the Mavs are soft and they can't win a playoff series against the Blazers, because everyone knows any Blazer team will have a little crazy on it. But the Mavs are due, they are certainly not as soft as most expect and the Blazers will have a tough time if they don't get the game going in their style right off the bat. Most people are picking the Blazers, and as much as I hate watching Mark Cuban jump up and down like an asshole, I am picking the Mavs in 7. (But I will enjoy watching GDub throw himself at the basketball hoop and feeling no pain).

#4 OKC vs. #5 Nuggets: A great matchup if you ask me. I love OKC and think they are sleepers to go a long way, but the Nuggets are a wild card. In fact, any team with the Birdman and Smitty is going to be a wild card. I know OKC is young, but I think they are confident and that is what will get them over this tough matchup. OKC in 6.

Eastern Conference:


#1 Bulls vs. #8 Pacers: WOW, did not see Psycho T coming! The Bulls are up 2, but they need to show that they are the number one seed and didn't get there by accident. If Derrick Rose wasn't already going to be MVP, I would be chanting it all game long. *Note to all fans - don't chant MVP at any player when it is very clear that Rose will be MVP, it just makes you look stupid. I expect the Pacers to run with the confidence they have gained from the first two games, but I will also expect Rose to still be wearing a Bulls jersey. So there you have it, Bulls in 5.

#2 Heat vs. #7 Sixers: Game two was the first boring game of the 2011 playoffs. I would love to say that Miami can't do it, but it seems they can. Although, Philly fans are crazy and if Philly played the game they have shown in the past it could get dicey for Miami in games three and four. But expect the Heat to win with their talent, certainly not their unconventional roster. Note to Mike Bibby - Jason Kidd is alive, now it's your turn. Heat in 6.

#3 Celtics vs. #6 Knicks: Another great matchup, exactly what David Stern was hoping for. The bad news for the Knicks, Melo goes off for 42 and you still don't win. That does not bode well for you winning the series. But I expect a fight, at least from Spike Lee. Going with Celtics in 6.

#4 Magic vs. ATL: I would like to first say that having just ATL on their jersey's was a genius decision by the upper management for the Hawks. Second, if you had just told me the stats from game one, Howard 46 and 19, Nelson 27, I would have told you Orlando blew them out. Not true, ATL is for real and their plan on Howard is working, he can make every shot he wants, make the others play too. That being said, Dwight Howard is a man-child (again, would love to see his birth certificate), and Orlando wants it too bad, but it will be a fight. Magic in 7.

*Editor's note: I know this post is late and I know what has happened in a few games, but these were my picks before it started. If I am dead wrong, please don't give me shit in the comments. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment